I've been tagged by my boyfriend T-Man to list 5 things that make a true doggie friend. So all you doggies listen up! (I was also tagged by Jaffeboy- another male dog but, let's not dwell on that. No need to make the T-Man jealous - even though he is stunning when he's a bit envious)
Ok, here are my 5 things that make a true doggie friend:
1) Please be gentle if you pass me on the street. No need to jump on me or try and mount me or sniff aggressively AND/OR consistently at my rear end. Take your whiff and move on. I don't appreciate that type of behavior. I am a proper lady and demand to be treated like one.
2) Don't bark right into my ears. I have very sensitive ears. And if any Mamas are reading this they shouldn't sing in their baby doggie's ears. Especially one particular Mama who does this all the time. Just because people have the ability to sing - doesn't mean they should.
3) A true doggie friend walks beside another doggie if they are being walked together. A friend will also turn away politely when the other doggie friend is delivering a stool and wait until the said piece of stool is picked up before looking back. Some things are private.
4) A doggie friend will share the water bowl. Nothing worse that a bowl hog. And we all have encountered this at some time. That one slobbering mutt that just doesn't get that this is not the last bowl of water on earth. There is more to come. Share people share!
5) The best doggie friend would not try and lick up or kiss my Mama. I get very upset. Not in an aggressive way because I am not that type. I just need other doggies to know that Mama is mine and she should only rub my belly or kiss my head or rub my legs. You may sniff Mama and give her a quick lick greeting but, otherwise back off. She's my Mama! Grrrr
(Same goes for my boyfriend T-Man - but, that should be obvious)
Why can't we all get along? Be a good doggie friend!