Memoirs Of A Spoiled Poodle

Chelsea the canine supermodel shares her daily diary with you. SIT. STAY. GOOD BLOG!

Wednesday, March 28

A new friend around the corner

I have a neighbour up the street who is 91 going on 92. Her name is Audrey. Mama and I go see her every Saturday and Sunday whenever we can and spend a couple of hours there. She loves me and lets me do whatever I want in her house. She also leaves a treat for me on her coffee table every time I go there.
Imagine my surprise when today - as Mama and I were coming back from our walkies...a woman we don't know came running out of a house and asked Mama to come over. Mama thought something was wrong so she scooped me in her arms and we headed straight over. Turns out the lady was a nurse and told us that the lady she cares for wants to meet me! The lady is 92 years old the nurse tells us. Mama and I make our way up the driveway and the elderly lady comes out of the house. Not at all what Mama expected. A feisty little thing with a J-Lo like lime green track suit on, makeup, impeccable nails and a big smile. The elderly lady introduced herself as Eilleen. She told Mama she sees me go by all the time and really wanted to meet me. (Which is ironic cuz that is EXACTLY how I met Audrey)
Long story short, Eilleen had a black poodle named Suzy who she worshipped and unfortunately Suzy had to be put down. She was very old and had lost practically all of her senses. Her sight, hearing, taste and smell.
So now....I have a new friend and she completely and utterly is smitten with me.
And let's face it....how can you not be??

15 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Cash said...

WOW, Chelsea...I am sure you are a great "therapy dog"....that is so KEWL that you visit your senior neighbors and make them so happy.
GOOD GIRL!
xoxo
Jasper

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Wimsey said...

Aah, Chelsea, an inside as beautiful as your outside!

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Luckie Girl said...

Always nice to make new friends especially kind old hoomans. :)

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Aw Chelsea, I bet it makes your old lady neighbours really happy to have mum to chat to & you to pet. You're such a sweet girl.

Licks
Oscar x

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Huskee and Hershey said...

Hi Chelsea,
Your group of admirers is growing by the day!!
Both Audrey and Eileen sounded like a sweet old ladies.. perhaps you can introduce them so they can be friends too?!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Molly the Airedale said...

Awesome Chelsea! We can never have too many friends!

Love ya lots,
Maggie

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

More friends must mean more treats. That's got to be good! Jx

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger The Army of Four said...

Wow, how COOL! We sometimes get to meet bipeds from the Assisted Living places by us. It's great. I love letting bipeds adore me. It's part of who I am.
Tail wags,
Storms

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Sunshade said...

Awwww...Chelsea, that was so sweet of you and your mama to let Eileen see you!! I can see you are a people dog.

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Loui (and his mum!) said...

Chelsea how could anyone not love you! It's lovely you have new friends and the fact they spoil you is even better!

Loui xx

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

I agree Chelsea - how could anyone not be smitten with you :-)

Love
Opy

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Fu Fu said...

Chelsea, you got fans... That's so nice to make new friends.

~ fufu

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger T-man Angel said...

Chelsea,
You have loads of friends because you're so adorable and sweet. Everyone can see that in you :) I'm glad you can make Audrey & Eileen happy with your visits.

Your man,
T-man

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Jay said...

Hi Chelsea, I'm sure your friends will be smitten with cute pretty you!

~Jay

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Cash said...

I miss you Chelsea!!!
xoxo
Jasper

 

Post a Comment

<< Home